Years 3 & 4
Our Year 3 teacher is Mr Rankin
Our Year 3/4 teacher is Miss Overend
Our Year 4 teacher is Miss Alexander
Topics studied during 2023/2024
Year 3: Under the Sea, In the Street, The Jungle, Famous Authors, Bugs and Life Cycles
Year 3/4: Fire, Weather, Teeth, Myths and Legends, Animals Around the World
Year 4: WW2, Superheroes, Dinosaurs, London, Wonders of the World
What should your child have with them each day?
- It’s important that your child comes fully equipped to school and is ready for all of their school activities. Children in Years 3-4 should have the following items in their pencil cases which will stay in school:
- 30cm ruler
- Colouring pencils
- Felt tips
- Hand sanitiser
- Homework diary, reading book and any other homework as directed. In all year groups homework should be signed by a parent/guardian
- Homework bag which should be brought in every day
- Healthy break
- Any notes that have been sent home, returned and signed.
Mr Rankin's Year 3 Class
- Year 3 children will go home at 3pm on Mondays and Tuesdays. On Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays their home time will be at 2pm.
- Year 4 children stay in school until 3pm each day.
- All items of clothing should be clearly labelled with your child’s name.
- We see homework as an important part of your child’s development. You will be able to clearly see what homework your child has through their homework diary.
- Finally, please ensure that your child brings a bottle of water to school each day as learning is thirsty work. Bottles must be washed at home and returned to school clean and full of water each day.
Year 3/4 teachers
Miss Overend's Year 3/4 Class
Miss Alexander's Year 4 Class