Our Year 5 teachers are Mrs Hanna on Monday to Wednesday and Mrs Millar on Thursday and Friday
Our Year 5/6 teacher is Mrs Brown.
Our Year 6 teachers are Mrs Millar on Monday and Tuesday and Miss L Campbell on Wednesday to Friday.
Topics studied during 2023/2024
Year 5: Ocean Life, Fairtrade, Tudors, Early Man and Energy and Recycling.
Year 5/6: Matilda, Winter, Mighty Me, Northern Ireland and Ancient Egypt.
Year 6: Victorians, Space, Rainforests, On the Move and Titanic.
Mrs Hanna/Mrs Miller's Year 5 Class
Mrs Brown's Year 5/6 Class
What should your child have with them each day?
It’s important that your child comes fully equipped to school and is ready for all of their school activities. Children in all year groups should have the following items in their pencil cases which will stay in school:
- 30cm ruler
- Colouring pencils
- Felt tips
- Homework diary (signed), reading book and any other homework
- Healthy break/packed lunch/dinner money (via ParentPay)
- Any notes that have been sent home, returned and signed
- All children in years 5 and 6 enter and leave school by their cloakroom doors.
- All items of clothing and equipment should be clearly labelled with your child’s name.
- We see homework as an important part of your child’s development. Every child has a homework diary which will let you see clearly the homework your child has.
- Finally, please ensure that your child brings a bottle of water to school each day as learning is thirsty work. Cups are not advisable to prevent spillages and juice is only allowed at break and lunch.